Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day -2

It is Sunday afternoon and we are sitting here playing. Erica is going crazy on her drums and we are listening to Brian Biehle's CD (fun kids music)! Yes, she is feeling good. She is still eating, in fact, last night she had a normal dinner and then cereal at 11PM. Her energy is good and she let's us know when she is sleepy.

Erica had an EKG this morning. Dr. Taylor is reviewing the results now and with a good report she will continue with the second/last dose of chemotherapy. Along with the chemo, she has already begun the anti-rejection medication. She has also started high-dose steroids and antibiotics. Yesterday they also started giving her blood pressure meds as her blood pressure was starting to creep up. Most of the meds are given via IV but she is also doing well with the 3 or 4 oral meds.

We are really all feeling good right now and our spirits are high. Yesterday I had the feeling that we were completely surrounded by light, thankful that we are experiencing so much comfort and support.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Erica is such a trooper... something she clearly learned from her parents. You are all in such great hands, physically and spiritually. We continue to pray for strength and healing. Love, Jennifer, Ryan & Brayden

Unknown said...

What an amazing girl! I am, as always, in awe of what Erica can tolerate! Our thoughts are with the three of you and as always our prayers for continued courage and strength!yours, The Fortes Family

Melanie said...

We are all keeping Erica tucked into our thoughts and prayers and are so amazed with her strength. Keep the faith and positive thoughts and we will do the same.
Love, The Pizialis

KRISTA said...

Meg- -1 day today! Another day closer to healing and health for Erica. Even though you, Bob and Erica are never out of my mind, my thoughts today have shifted to Erica's donor slash hero. (although I believe you and Bob as are Erica's heroes too!)I can only imagine the anticipation he is feeling. I pray for him, wherever he is in this world. I love you all dearly. I pray for strength and courage for you & Bob and that He is watching over Little, helping her to heal. I am also thinking about Sandy, Tom and Wayne. See you tomorrow! Give Erica an eskimo kiss from me!

Unknown said...

Meg, I'm reading your updates and on one hand not surprised and on another in disbelief. Erica is amazing and certainly stronger than most would be under the circumstances. Our thoughts and prayers are with Erica, her donor and you two. I have complete faith things will go well and we're sending our positive energy Erica's way. Love - Bob, Heather & gals

Chrissie said...

Megan, Bob & Erica - I can't stop thinking about all that you have been through....it all seems to be leading up to tomorrow. I am so glad to hear you say that you feel surrounded by light. Wow - that sounds powerful!! I always picture you all surrounded by angels You have both taught Erica to be a fighter and you have shown her how to be joyful in spite of not feeling so great - you must be so proud of her. What a trooper. My thoughts and prayers are with you! xoxo chrissie

GavWilson said...

Go get 'em Erica! We are full of prayers and praises for your family. Thanking God for that wonderful young man who is donating his marrow cells today for her. Will be up tonight and praying for tomorrow. Love and best wishes, Andee, Gav, Eleanor, and Arabella

emk said...

Hi to Erica, Meg and Bob-
I huge hug and kiss from Ohio. We've been thinking of you all weekend and we're glad there is the blog to keep up to date. All of Erica's strength and courage amazes us, as do her parents. We love you all and will be sending extra prayer your way on the 22nd and the days to follow. See you soon!
Emily, Jon and Luci

Kassy Flesher said...

Just wanted to tell you we are thinking of you and in awe of your love, faith, and determination. Erica is a true blessing as are you her parents. Our prayers are with you tomorrow. The neighborhood is ready to have you all home as soon as possible!!

Love, Jake, Kassy, Grant, and Grace Flesher

cwigington said...

Hey there little one-
I want you to know we will be thinking of you all day tomorrow and sending all the positive energy we can your way. I know you can hold your own and if anyone can pull through without a bump or scratch, it is surely you. You are such a fantastic little girl and you have some big spirit inside that little body. I think the whole wide world is praying for you.

Kel

Nicki said...

I have to come to realize that Erica is THE TOUGHEST GIRL AROUND! I know anything that comes her way she has the power to knock 'em out. She is just like her parents. Thank you for keeping us posted on her journey. Remember, you are always surrounded with love and prayers (from friends and even strangers). You continue to make an impact on us all. We love you. Nicki, Mitch, and Quentin