TBI concluded on Friday afternoon. I couldn't help myself from crying as we were wheeled back onto the transport bus. I am not even sure why I was so weepy; on one hand I couldn't believe what her little body had just gone through and on the other hand, I knew that we were one step closer to her feeling very ill. Either way, she made it through the week of TBI with flying colors. One nurse said that she had never seen a patient jumping up and down and clapping after 8 rounds of TBI. That's our girl!
Next Step-Chemo. Saturday and Sunday are HIGH-dose chemo days. I found out that the dose that she is getting is 3 times stronger than when she had Cytoxin in the past. The purpose of this chemo is to take her current bone marrow; to eradicate the marrow and any lingering cancer. Erica will most likely be very sick for the next several days. The things that we have been warned about include mouth sores, stomach sores, skin breakdown (much like she had about one year ago), vomiting, lack of appetite, and weakness. We'll just need to see how Erica does, we know that every patient is different . . . our hope is that she feels better than expected.
Thank you for your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Meg-My prayer is that Erica continues to fight with the same courage and tenacity that she has shown all along and especially during TBI. All our love to Erica, you and Bob.
Just know you are all covered in prayer. We are sending her updates to all of our prayer groups and all have this next week upmost in their thoughts and prayers. Have a new Little Peoples flappy book to get to her sometime soon. Love to you all, The Wilsons
Meg, Bob and Erica - my prayer is that you all find comfort in all of the prayers that are surrounding you. Erica is so strong. She is an angel on earth! I know she will continue to fight grace and that amazing little spirit! All my love, Chrissie
Erica is such an amazing little girl. She has me totally wrapped around her little finger. Your family is surrounded by prayers... we love you!
Post a Comment