Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Take 2

Ok, so maybe she isn't quite done with platelet transfusions. Last weekend, while visiting Nana's house, Nana noticed little dots of bruising popping in several places on Erica's body. Bob and I were out of town but my mom and her dear friend, Barb, took care of things! After talking with Dr. Taylor, they packed Erica's things, took her to the hospital for a short-stay and got loaded up with platelets. Thank you mom and Barb!

I wanted to share some photos.

First, some proof that Erica really does read your cards! My friend, Kerri, sends Erica a card every week . . . Erica is now watching me go through the mail like, "where is my card?"




Some days are very busy with clinic visits, transfusions and home care. Here is a 'a day in the life of Erica Faith', it always amazing me the number of caring people that touch our lives. Here you will see Dr. Taylor, Melinda (our infusion room nurse and friend), Doreen (infusion room aide and dancing queen), and Colleen (our 'in-home' speech therapist).






12 comments:

KRISTA said...

Love, love, love you! Great to see some recent photos! xoxoxo's

Leddy Family said...

Loved seeing the pictures of some of the angels in Erika's life.
Thinking of her every day. Praying for you all....including your angels!

Love,
The Leddy Family

Anonymous said...

HI Megan & Bob,

I just love her so much!!!!! Please keep posting the pictures!

Much Love,
Kerri

heather said...

Oh.....I just love pictures!!! Thank you!! I can't wait to see you all. Many blessings and much love~Heather

Unknown said...

The pictures are wonderful, thank you so much for sharing. Erica is so beautiful. Love and prayers - Nick & Tuck

The Newkirk Family said...

So good to see pictures of that sweet girl!! She always has a smile on her face. Sorry to hear about the transfusions, but hopefully she can stop for good soon. She looks like she is Happy and feeling good though. Can't wait to see more pictures. We really can't wait until we can see and play with her in person. We think of you all everyday.

All our love,
Alison, Scott, & Sam

ShawnaWhooley said...

Hello,
I am a new participant in Team In Training, and I found your blog in the honoree booklet. I am training to run the full Maui Marathon in September. This is my first marathon. My first real running experience of any sort. I would like to run in honor of Erica and your family. Your story has touched me, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. The photos of Erica smiling made me smile - she's ADORABLE and obviously such a strong little lady!
I'm journaling my TnT experience at http://runshawnarun.blogspot.com, and I'd like to post a link to your blog on mine so that people can see the necessity of giving to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Hopefully many others can be as inspired by Erica as I am. Much Love to all of you! Shawna Whooley swhooley@guidedogs.com

Nicki said...

Why am I always smiling so big when I see pictures of Erica? Thank YOU for making ME smile.
Always praying.

Love you,
Nicki

GavWilson said...

Hi Meg, Love seeing the pictures of Erica and your team. Hope those platelets start behaving themselves. Love and prayers, Andrea and family

C and E said...

Great pics! We are praying every day for you Erica! Love, C and E

Wellbeloved Family said...

Yay new photos, thanks for posting! Erica is beautiful as ever and she looks like she's feeling better. As always our prayers are for Erica but tonight we will also be grateful for her amazing grandmother who has been such a blessing to all of you. How wonderful to know that Erica's needs were met and to have the chance to take a break for yourselves. We love you all.
Ambra, Trim & Reese

cwigington said...

Where is our post ?! It has been a week! Just kidding :) Just checking in and wondering how she is doing. The pics are great Meg. She looks like an angel.

Kel