Guess what? NO more platelet transfusions! WooHooo!
Wendy came to our home Monday morning and her platelet count was great. It has been consistently normal for about six days. Her last transfusion was on Friday and we had one scheduled for this Thursday but with Monday's count being so good, we're only going to draw labs on Thursday and meet with Dr. Taylor. Big prayers that the counts continue to be good!
Continue prayers for her kidneys, they still show some signs of strain. It may require that we drop one of the meds, but would rather not, given that the med is protecting her against other issues.
Erica has been very happy lately, lots of energy and increased mobility. The puffiness is decreasing a little bit every day and because of that, we see bigger eyes and a wider smile!
I'll post photos soon, you won't believe the difference.
Happy Belated Mother's Day! Moms are Amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Hi Meg, I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face. What a wonderful milestone to not have more platelet transfusions! Hope the blood counts show her kidneys improving. Can't wait to see her pictures. Hope your Mother's Day was amazing.
Best wishes,
Andrea
I am so happy to hear that Erica is moving around more and enjoying her days more! I will continue to pray for her kidneys. Happy Mothers Day Megan! Love, Kerri
Hooray! I am smiling too! I can't wait to see photos. I am really in suspense! Meg--you forgot(?) to mention that you were on TV for a great cause. I am so proud of you. You are giving back and being of service to others, which in itself, is a great feeling and gift. You're a star and an amazing one at that! Happy belated Mother's Day, momma!
YEE-HAW!! What great news!
Happy belated Mother's Day, what a fabulous gift. Keepin' that kidney in our prayers....
xoxo
cathy & tim
Hi Meg - this is such wonderful news : ) Erica is making through so many milestones and we are so thrilled about all of her progress. We will keep in our prayers that the counts continue to be good and for her kidneys to feel some relief soon. Send the pictures when you can.
Nick & Tuck
WooHoo!!!! This is great news!! I am so happy to hear that she is getting better and the transfusions can stop. We will continue to pray that those Kidneys get back into shape. Erica is fighting hard to get back to normal so those Kidneys better cooperate!!! We can't wait to see some recent pictures of the little Angel. We are so glad to hear that she is happier and getting around easier. Happy belated Mother's Day, you are an amazing mom so I hope your day was Fantastic!!!!
All our love,
Alison, Scott, & Samantha
This is fabulous news! We continue to pray for Erica's healing and send belated Mother's Day wishes to one of the most incredible moms we know!
The Fortes Family
YEA!!!! We are so happy to hear your news. Smiles all around! Saw Erica's picture on News 10 the other day. Ethan and Blake heard the report first and came running to me to tell me about it. Of course we had to rewind and watch! Thinking of you all!
Eric, Heidi, Ethan and Blake
You can't mess with Erica! What great news! I know seeing Erica and her personality shine fills your heart with smiles. Just hearing about it makes mine smile. I hope her kidneys get some relief and energy level continues to rise!
Love you,
The Mitchells
it's been a while since we've checked your site and I must say I'm both crying and smiling! The pictures, the progress, the essay.... the journey continues! Erica is our hero too! Much love and healing energy.
Heather, Bob and the Gals
Yee haw! We're sooo happy to hear how well things seem to be going and we continue to pray for Erica and you two as well! We're looking forward to catching up by voice soon too.
Bob, Heather and the girls
Hi Megan!
YIPPEE,no more platelet transfusions! Less time at the hospital and more time loving life.
I am grateful that Erica is happy and feels better and may I say you are the most amazing women I have ever known - really!
Prayers for Erica everyday. And I (we) miss you Megan.
Much Love, Helen
What wonderful news! I know that Erica will LOVE not having to sit there in the transfusion/infusion room. She is a beautiful child inside and out. Her speed of recovery is really amazing and her spirit through it all has been truly inspirational. I will pray for her kidney function to improve (I am sure Erica is all up on that already!)I was thinking the other day, she is almost two! I hope you had a very special Mothers Day Meg, you deserve every bit of peace and joy that comes your way!
Kel
Post a Comment