
Today is the two year anniversary of the day that Erica was diagnosed with leukemia, she was only four months old. I think back now on that day that changed our lives forever and I am only filled with gratitude.
We have been through so much and when I take individual, fearful nights or procedures or times when Erica was really, very sick and I think about the heartache, of course the experience looks different. But when I stand on

the balcony and look out over the two years in its
entirety, I am only filled gratitude. Gratitude for our healthcare providers, our family and friends, Erica's donor and God's healing hands.
Because the blog is also for Erica, so that she can read about her experience someday, I want to say this . . .
My sweet Erica,
You have shown us all what spirit is all about. You have endured these trials with grace, humor, and love. And my goodness, you are so strong. There are so many things that you have had to do that were painful and uncomfortable and you hard

ly ever complained. We have been in awe of the way you just adjusted to each and every procedure and environment. You will notice, sweet girl, that along the way, laughter has been the best medicine; in the midst of long hospital stays, we sang silly songs and danced silly dances and you would just laugh so hard. Your laughter gave us energy and hope, thank you for that! There are so many things I want you to know, but on this anniversary, I just want you to know how proud we are of you. In these last couple of months you have blossomed, your stronger and more physical

, you love being out and about and you are so social with friends and strangers alike. Our prayer is that this just continues and that you begin to grow and talk and above all, that you stay
cancer free for the rest of your life. May God continue to bless you always. ~Mama
10 comments:
Hi Meg - What a beautiful tribute - so much of it resonates with me as the mom of a future survivor. We join your praises today and prayers for the future.
Dear Megan, Erica, and Bob, I just wanted to check in and see how your precious angel is doing. She looks great and your stories always put a lump in my throat...and the song...deep breath. Congratulations on the 2 year mark through treatment. She is such a trooper. We're delivering balloons on Thursday and as much as I hope to see you, I also hope not to see you. I have some presents for Erica, so if I don't see you, I'll leave them at the infusion room. Love you and hope you have a Merry Christmas! Always, Camie
Wow, two years!!! I can't believe it. Reading this post brought tears to my eyes as I remembered first finding out. I will never forget where I was when I first heard the awful news. We have been in complete awe of your strength as a family and how amazing this little girl is!! We think of you always and hope that sweet Erica does stay cancer free for the rest o her life. This experience you have gone through has only made you all stronger as a family and shown you how great your friendships are. You are all an inspiration to all of us. Can't wait to see you again and have more playtimes with the kids as Erica is able to be out and about more. We hope this is a wonderful Christmas for you guys and especially little Erica. Bless you all.
All our love,
Alison, Scott, Sam, & Jake
A beautiful letter, by a beautiful Mom, to a beautiful little girl. Thinking of you today......Merry Christmas Livesey's!
Love, Eric, Heidi, Ethan & Blake
Two years, unbelievable. I remember the day we heard about Erica's leukemia and it still rocks me to the core to think what she has endured. Looking back, we share your sentiment of gratitude. Grateful that Erica is growing stronger and is cancer-free and grateful that you are all in our lives. Meg you letter has me in tears, how blessed you all are. We are always here with you and wishing you all the best on at this milestone and through the holidays.
with love,
Ambra, Trim and Reese
Dear Megan & Bob - God must have hand picked the prefect parents for Erica. How else could she have "thrived" while surviving treatment and a transplant? She is pure joy and happiness - a beautiful reflection of your constant care for her well being on ALL levels. You are raising one cool kid. I look back at the past two years and see that Erica has taught us all to go deeper with our love - as we set aside our expectations. The three of you are inspiring and fill my heart to the brim. XOX, Nana
God us blessing your family. Thanks for sharing that blessing, your sweet Erika, with all of us who visit her site.
Much peace and joy this Christmas season.
Love,
Norah Leddy and family
One beautiful note to your precious baby girl! You couldn't have said it any better, Meg. xxoo
Meg,
I was just telling my mom earlier tonight that you are one of my friends I wish I was closer to. I'd give you all a big hug and say thank you for the lessons on inspiration, hope and strength. 2 years seems to have flown by but I know that was not always the case for you! It is amazing the way that precious girl fought and fought with a helluva smile! I love her! Love her! We wish you guys a very Merry Christmas and I know she is going to love it this year!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the Livesey's! Amazing that 2 years have gone by and the strength and courage you all have shown to the world is inspirational. We love you! Cristina and Ethan
Post a Comment