Erica's second birthday is on August 3rd. Hardly seems like it could be two years and at the same time, seems like ten. Almost twenty months since Erica's diagnosis. I just added the slide show to the bar on the right side of this page, a recap of Erica's life, so far (there is music too). It is amazing to look back at all of the holidays that we spent in the hospital and yet, all of the fun days we had outside, just enjoying the times when Erica felt well. Yes, I am still in the midst of processing everything that has happened . . . but that's just it, right? a process.
Erica continues to do great. She is getting more and more confident in her walking abilities. Her meds continue to go down and so does her weight. Her height, on the other hand, goes UP. I am going to call her endocrinologist today to tell him that Erica has grown 2.5 inches since the transplant. This was certainly not expected, so we are very excited. We should know in about three months what the plans are for growth hormones. Is it possible that she would not need any? We'll see.
Thank you for checking in. The comments on the last blog were so touching, a true gift to our family. Thank you for your prayers. We are strengthened by your love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
beautiful slide show. thank you for sharing. as we continue on our own leukemia journey, we are strengthened by yours.
Megan-
Yes 2 years!!! Pretty crazy huh??? With Sam just turning two I can't believe it has been 2 years already!! I watched the slide show with tears in my eyes remembering those early months before we all found out that something was wrong. It was so exciting being able to introduce the girls when we started going to the mommy group. I know I say this a lot, but I really can't wait until we can get the girls together again and play. We miss you guys so much!!! We will be thinking about miss Erica on Sunday when it is her "Happy Day" as Sam would say.
Happy Birthday sweet Erica, you are an amazing little girl, we love you all!!
Love,
Alison, Scott, Sam, and soon Jake.
Megan, you are amazing, I don't know how you do it. Everytime I feel worn down from general parenthood, I look to you guys and I'm truly inspired, you are the most incredible mom I have EVER known. I freak out when my kid hits his head on the fireplace (which he does frequently, thank God that Erica is not a boy) and then I rememeber what you are going thru and I put it all in perspective, you are an inspiration to so many. Give that incredible little girl a big hug from the Matney/Fiddyment clan and know that as soon as she can have a real playdate, we want to be on the list!
Love,
Erica Matney (Fiddyment)
Meg - the slideshow is absolutely amazing and brought tears to my eyes, looking over the past two years, the pictures show the love and strength your family has shown. Your family contines to live this miracle, while you strengthen others that are around you. Thank you for sharing.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Erica!!! Love Tuck
WOW!!! Absolutely amazing slide show...my heart was smiling the whole time (so was Quentin's). Maybe 2 years by the calendar but she is definitely much wiser and stronger than that. Thank for such a breath of fresh air, I could look at her smile all day. Erica is lucky to have you and Bob by her side every step of the way.
Happy birthday to you all!
Love,
The Mitchells
It is so heartwarming to see the current post.
You are all amazing.
I love the slide show and the song.
With love, Wendell Alderson
Wow, I'm sitting here at my desk doing my best to keep the tears back. The slideshow is so beautiful and brings back so many memories of Erica's journey in just two short years. Erica has brought light and untapped faith to our family, a gift from this little angel on earth. The strength and love of the family and friends that surround you in overwhelming and powerful. We love you all so much and continue to pray that Erica's health continues to improve and that your family can find peace and ease in your daily lives. Know that no matter how busy we may get with our lives, you are always in our thoughts and heart. Happy early birthday Erica, what a big girl, 2 years old!
much love,
Ambra, Trim & Reese
Happy Happy Birthday Erica! We wish we could be there to celebrate with you! 2 and mobile is a dangerous combo for mommy and daddy. Keep em running for me!
We love you-check the mail soon!
The Wigingtons
Post a Comment